When the time is right, you may choose to sell your business and dispose of part or all of your shareholding. Consilium Chartered Accountants have been helping entrepreneurs and business owners sell their businesses smoothly and successfully since 2013.
Comprehensive business disposal advice and support
Business disposals are more complex than simply agreeing a price and shaking hands on the deal. Similarly, the process can be a long one, but our Corporate Finance team have a wealth of experience and will guide you through it from day 1.
Consilium Chartered Accountants help clients navigate the process of selling a business. Starting with exploratory discussions with our senior team, business owners are supported at every stage, including:
- Preparing your business for sale: analysing the aspects of your business that potential buyers may scrutinise and advising on remedial action
- Assessing and advising on business issues that could compromise a disposal or reduce market value
- Producing detailed financial reports, projections and assessments to endorse the sale price and terms
- Seeking potential buyers: finding potential buyers or investors who are the right fit for you and your business
- Presenting the opportunity to market
- Negotiating and maximising the deal value and terms of the business disposal
- Managing the business disposal process on your behalf: handling negotiations, liaising with counterpart accountants, legal teams and funders.
- Advising on the tax consequences of a disposal.
- Reviewing legal documentation
Clients trust Consilium Chartered Accountants to help maximise value on business disposals. Talk to our lead Partners, John Blair or Linzi Wilson about how we can support your business disposal.
Business disposals: post-deal support for business owners
Business disposal support and advice does not end when the sale is agreed, and contracts signed. Consilium’s service is much more dynamic than simply putting a price on a business.
Consilium work with businesses’ post-deal to provide analysis and insight on key issues, including:
- Preparing clients for business tax and personal tax liabilities arising from the business disposal
- Mitigating personal tax and business tax liabilities, including advising on eligibility and claims for Business Asset Disposal Relief
- Assessing integration costs on both sides of the deal
- Facilitating the smooth transfer of ownership.
Take a look at our business sales Success Stories for a review of our past deals and projects.
For advice and an informal discussion about selling your business, contact, John Blair or Linzi Wilson.
Follow Consilium Chartered Accountants on LinkedIn and Twitter for news on our latest business deals.