ACCA Graduate training
Consilium’s company vision – to help clients and colleagues achieve their goals – is embedded in our ACCA Graduate training programme. We aim to provide our ACCA students with the training, support and experience to make their personal and professional dreams a reality.
Every ACCA student at Consilium Chartered Accountants works with dynamic businesses to gain practical, exam-relevant experience. Based in our Glasgow office, our graduate training programme provides broad exposure to accountancy and finance services like Audit, Accounting and Business Services, and Tax.
Apply to join our ACCA Graduate training programme or learn more by using the links below.
- ACCA training with Consilium Chartered Accountants
- Who are we looking for?
- Trainee benefits
- The selection process
- How to apply
ACCA Graduate training with Consilium Chartered Accountants
ACCA Graduate training, like everything we do at Consilium, is underpinned by our mantra ‘Be Consilium’. To achieve this, we live by our core values:
- Advice: we plan, we advise, we counsel, we exercise our judgement and share our wisdom
- Integrity: we do what’s right, we act with honesty and openness and we take responsibility for our actions. If we make a mistake, we correct it and learn from it
- Teamwork: we do it together and we are inclusive. We respect, trust and support each other, and we celebrate together. We encourage, we challenge, and we teach
- Progressive: we look forward, we learn, we adapt, and we improve. We embrace modern technology and working practices.
By investing in our team, Consilium can provide a working culture that helps our colleagues and clients achieve their goals. To date, every member of our team that has completed their ACCA professional studies has been offered a post-qualification position with Consilium. Highlighting the quality of our graduates and the supportive training environment we provide.
Ready to get started? Apply to join our ACCA training programme.
Who are we looking for?
At Consilium, we look for determined ACCA trainees who can relate to our company values and possess the desire to succeed. These roles suit candidates at the start of, or in the early stages of, their accountancy career.
Candidates will demonstrate a willingness to be challenged and to learn. In accountancy and finance, good numeracy and attention to detail are essential. Consilium is a close-knit, supportive team and candidates will work across departments demonstrating good organisational and communication skills. Previous accountancy experience is not required but is beneficial.
Ready to apply? Take the first step in your accountancy career with Consilium by applying today.
Our colleagues are our most valuable resource, so we look after each other by offering a range of ACCA trainee benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Generous annual leave allocation
- Paid leave for professional studies and exams
- Flexible working options including work from home and hybrid working
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Professional fees paid
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous Death-in-Service cover, and
- 35-hour working week for full-time team members.
The selection process
We assess each candidate in a number of key areas, including:
• Desire to learn new skills
• Willingness to contribute individually and as part of a team
• Compatibility with Consilium’s vision and values, and
• Technical excellence.
Assessments take place over the course of two interviews where these abilities and skills are examined. Initial interviews will take place during December and early January, with second interviews following soon after.
We know that the process of applying for graduate training programmes can be stressful, therefore Consilium aims to notify all candidates promptly after the completion of their first or second interviews.
Successful candidates will commence their ACCA training with Consilium in August 2024.
How to apply
The recruitment process for our August 2023 intake has now closed. Our Graduate recruitment period runs from October to November each year. Interviews take place between December and February.
For any questions regarding Consilium’s ACCA trainee programme, contact us directly.