CA Graduate training
Consilium’s company vision – to help clients and colleagues achieve their goals – is embedded in our CA training programme. We aim to provide our ICAS students with the training, support and experience to make their personal and professional dreams a reality.
As a CA trainee with Consilium Chartered Accountants, you will work with dynamic businesses and gain practical, exam-relevant experience. Based in our Glasgow office, the programme provides broad exposure to accountancy and finance services. Successful candidates will start their CA training in the following August.
Apply to join our CA graduate training programme or learn more by using the links below.
- CA training with Consilium Chartered Accountants
- Who are we looking for?
- Trainee benefits
- How to apply
- The selection process
Chartered Accountancy training with Consilium Chartered Accountants
Everything we do at Consilium is underpinned by our mantra ‘Be Consilium’. To achieve this, we live by our core values:
- Advice: we plan, we advise, we counsel, we exercise our judgement and share our wisdom
- Integrity: we do what’s right, we act with honesty and openness and we take responsibility for our actions. If we make a mistake, we correct it and learn from it
- Teamwork: we do it together and we are inclusive. We respect, trust and support each other, and we celebrate together. We encourage, we challenge, and we teach
- Progressive: we look forward, we learn, we adapt, and we improve. We embrace modern technology and working practices.
By focusing on our team, we are able to provide an environment that helps our colleagues and clients achieve their goals. To date, every member of our team that has completed their professional studies has been offered a post-qualification position with Consilium. This is a testament to the quality of our graduates and the supportive training environment we provide.
Ready to get started? Apply to join our ICAS training programme.
Who are we looking for?
At Consilium, we seek enthusiastic graduates who can relate to our company values and possess the determination to succeed as a Chartered Accountant. These roles would suit candidates at the start of, or in the early stages of, their accountancy career.
Candidates will demonstrate a willingness to be challenged and to learn. In accountancy and finance, good numeracy and attention to detail are essential. We are a close-knit, supportive team and candidates will work across departments demonstrating good organisational and communication skills. Previous accountancy experience is not required but is beneficial.
We encourage our students to take ownership of their work and show initiative, enabling them to flourish in a flexible, supportive structure.
Ready to apply? Take the first step in your accountancy career with Consilium by applying today.
Our colleagues are our most valuable resource, so we look after each other. Consilium Chartered Accountants offer a range of trainee benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Generous annual leave allocation
- Paid leave for professional studies and exams
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous Death-in-Service cover
- Flexible working options including work from home and hybrid working
- Professional fees paid, and
- 35-hour working week for full-time team members.
The selection process
We assess each candidate in a number of key areas, including:
- Desire to learn new skills
- Willingness to contribute individually and as part of a team
- Compatibility with Consilium’s vision and values, and
- Technical excellence.
Assessments take place over the course of two interviews where these abilities and skills are examined. Initial interviews will take place during December and early January, with second interviews following soon after.
We know that the process of applying for graduate training programmes can be stressful, therefore Consilium aims to notify all candidates promptly after the completion of their first or second interviews.
How to apply
Applications for our August 2023 intake have now closed. Our Graduate recruitment period runs from October to November each year. Interviews take place between December and February.
For any questions regarding Consilium’s CA trainee programme, contact us directly.