Audit Senior | Glasgow
Full-time, hybrid role
Consilium Chartered Accountants is an independent firm of accountants providing Accounting, Audit, Corporate Finance, Tax, Payroll and Cloud Accounting services. We work with small and medium-sized businesses across Scotland and the UK in multiple industries and sectors.
Due to significant growth in our audit portfolio, we are on the lookout for a forward-thinking, proactive and positive Audit senior to join our team.
We are an entrepreneurial firm and our name comes from the Latin meaning to provide advice, wise counsel and planning. Consilium’s vision is a simple one: to help people achieve their goals.
Audit senior – job specification
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting Managers and Senior Managers in the delivery of quality client work. You will be helping to add value to Consilium’s work and successfully completing assignments.
You will also attend client meetings, gathering information and data, and agreeing on the best way to present outcomes and findings.
As part of our Audit team, you will support a wide range of small and medium-sized business clients working either at clients’ premises, in our office or remotely. With interesting and varied clients across a range of sectors, we can guarantee that you’ll never be bored! A good understanding of business disciplines is required along with the ability to apply technology to your work.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Key functions of the Audit Senior
The Audit Senior will add value to the Consilium team by:
- Executing planning and completion of Audit work in line with internal processes and procedures and due consideration of resources and budget with guidance
- Taking responsibility for planning, fieldwork, and completion of audits, taking a key role in the Audit team, managing delivery expectations and highlighting any issues at an early stage
- Identifying and undertaking more complex audit areas during the fieldwork stage, with guidance, and referring queries to more senior members of the Audit team
- Attending planning and clearance meetings, taking an active role in the meeting preparation, contributing to discussions, and answering queries where appropriate, both from the Audit team and the client
- Preparing and reviewing statutory financial statements, issuing to clients and dealing with any queries arising, with guidance
- Demonstrating the ability to act as the client’s main point of contact on-site during audit fieldwork dealing with queries and identifying areas where other service lines could provide support
- Managing work delegated to junior members of the team while still being responsible for overall delivery to meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have at least 30 months of experience working in the Scottish SME sector and we are willing to consider ACCA, ACA, CA or Part qualified candidates.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Financial support to gain a professional qualification if appropriate
- Death-in-service cover
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Private medical insurance
- Dress for your diary policy
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Staff social events.
How to apply
To apply for the position of Audit Senior, please email your c.v. and cover letter to Recruitment outlining what interests you in this role and what you will bring to it.
Consilium is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Consilium
Consilium’s vision is a simple one: to help people achieve their goals. This vision includes the goals of both our clients and our team.
By matching the skills of our team to their roles, we aim to allow them to reach their full potential. Consilium Chartered Accountants provide a challenging and supportive environment in which the team can thrive and excel.
Be Consilium: our core values
At Consilium Chartered Accountants, our culture is central to helping us achieve our vision and meet our purpose. Our culture is underpinned by the mantra ‘Be Consilium’.
To Be Consilium, we live by our values:
Advice: we plan, we advise, we counsel, we exercise our judgement and share our wisdom
Integrity: we do what’s right, we act with honesty and openness and we take responsibility for our actions. If we make a mistake, we correct it and learn from it
Teamwork: we do it together and we are inclusive. We respect, trust, and support each other, and we celebrate together. We encourage, we challenge, and we teach
Progressive: we look forward, we learn, we adapt, and we improve. We embrace modern technology and working practices.
Back to Job vacancies