Finance and Operations Assistant | Glasgow
Consilium Chartered Accountants are an independent firm of accountants providing Accounting, Audit, Corporate Finance, Tax, Payroll and Cloud Accounting services. We work with small and medium-sized businesses across Scotland and the UK in multiple industries and sectors.
We are an entrepreneurial firm that focuses on providing advice, wise counsel and outstanding business planning to our clients. Our name is derived from the Latin consulō which means to plan, advise and counsel.
Finance and Operations Assistant – job specification
Reporting to the Finance and Operations Director, the Finance and Operations Assistant will be involved in the day-to-day running of the finance function and will assist in many operational areas across the business including data protection, human resources, health and safety and others.
This is a full-time (35 hours per week), permanent and hybrid working pattern role. The successful applicant will be based in our Glasgow city centre office, with work-from-home options.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Key functions of the Finance and Operations Assistant
- Processing purchase invoices
- Posting bank transactions
- Supplier payments
- Monthly and quarterly invoicing
- Assistance with management accounts
- Assistance with VAT return submission
- Assistance with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Dealing with telephone calls and correspondence for the finance department.
- Regular reviews and maintenance of our client database
- HR filing and document maintenance
- Monitoring compliance with data protection policies and procedures
- Data collection to allow the review of work in progress, recoveries and chargeability
- Data collection for reporting to various external organisations
- Involvement in the coordination of training and development for team members
- Work alongside our health and safety advisors to ensure compliance
- Contribute to the continued improvement of company practices.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting
- Excellent communication skills – you will be required to communicate with the whole Consilium team and with our suppliers and partners
- Strong written and spoken English
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Helpful attitude
- Good time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in GDPR compliance monitoring (desirable but not essential).
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Financial support to gain a professional qualification if appropriate
- Death-in-service cover
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Private medical insurance
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Staff social events.
How to apply
To apply for the position of Finance and Operations Assistant, please email your c.v. and cover letter to Recruitment outlining what interests you in this role and what you will bring to it.
Consilium is an equal opportunities employer.
Working for Consilium
Consilium’s vision is a simple one: to help people achieve their goals. This vision includes the goals of both our clients and our team.
By matching the skills of our team to their roles, we aim to allow them to reach their full potential. Consilium Chartered Accountants provide a challenging and supportive environment in which the team can thrive and excel.
Be Consilium: our core values
At Consilium Chartered Accountants, our culture is central to helping us achieve our vision and meet our purpose. Our culture is underpinned by the mantra ‘Be Consilium’.
To Be Consilium, we live by our values:
Advice: we plan, we advise, we counsel, we exercise our judgement and share our wisdom
Integrity: we do what’s right, we act with honesty and openness and we take responsibility for our actions. If we make a mistake, we correct it and learn from it
Teamwork: we do it together and we are inclusive. We respect, trust, and support each other, and we celebrate together. We encourage, we challenge, and we teach
Progressive: we look forward, we learn, we adapt, and we improve. We embrace modern technology and working practices.
Back to Job vacancies