Transaction Services Senior | Glasgow
Full-time (35 hours), hybrid role
Consilium Chartered Accountants is an independent firm of accountants providing Accounting, Audit, Corporate Finance, Tax, Payroll and Cloud Accounting services. We work with small and medium-sized businesses across Scotland and the UK in multiple industries and sectors.
Due to significant growth in our corporate finance pipeline and key partner relationships with several Financial Due Diligence providers, we are on the lookout for a forward-thinking, proactive and positive Transaction Services senior to join our growing team. We are looking for candidates that are keen to develop their career with Consilium and are inspired to grow and flourish.
We are an entrepreneurial firm, and our name comes from the Latin meaning to provide advice, wise counsel and planning. Consilium’s vision is a simple one: to help people achieve their goals.
- Transaction Services Senior – job specification
- Key functions of the role
- Salary and benefits
- How to apply
- Working life at Consilium.
Transaction Services Senior – job specification
The successful candidate will play a key role within the Corporate Finance team in supporting Managers and Partners in the timely delivery of quality client work. You will be helping to add value to Consilium’s work and successfully completing assignments, including financial due diligence, valuations and financial projections.
Your role will also include attendance at client meetings, gathering information, analysis of financial data, writing reports, and agreeing on the best way to present outcomes and findings to allow our clients to make investment/lending decisions.
As part of our Corporate Finance team, you will support a wide range of small and medium-sized business clients and a number of funders and private equity clients. With interesting and varied clients across a range of sectors, we can guarantee that you’ll never be bored! A good understanding of business disciplines is required along with the ability to apply technology to your work.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Key functions of the Transactions Services Senior
The Transaction Services Senior will add value to the Consilium team by:
- Executing planning and completion of a number of transaction services assignments, including writing financial due diligence reports and analysis of financial information
- Preparing business valuation reports, information memorandums and assisting with grant applications
- Managing delivery expectations and highlighting any issues at an early stage
- Attending meetings with clients, actively participating in the meeting preparation, contributing to discussions, and answering queries where appropriate
- Demonstrating, where appropriate, the ability to act as the client’s main point of contact during fieldwork
- Directly reporting to the broader Corporate Finance team, including partners, to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of work.
The ideal candidate will be ACCA, ACA, CA qualified or equivalent. This role would be suited to someone with previous experience in transaction services, or to those with a background in Audit/Business services looking to develop a career in Corporate Finance.
It is expected that the candidate will have excellent skills in PowerPoint and Excel and have very good attention to detail.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- 35 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working from day one
- Private medical insurance
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Death-in-service cover
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Dress for your diary policy
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Staff social events.
How to apply
To apply for the position of Transaction Services Senior, please email your c.v. and cover letter to Recruitment outlining what interests you in this role and what you will bring to it.
Consilium is an equal opportunities employer.
Working at Consilium
Consilium’s vision is a simple one: to help people achieve their goals. This vision includes the goals of both our clients and our team.
By matching the skills of our team to their roles, we aim to allow them to reach their full potential. Consilium Chartered Accountants provide a challenging and supportive environment in which the team can thrive and excel.
Be Consilium: our core values
At Consilium Chartered Accountants, our culture is central to helping us achieve our vision and meet our purpose. Our culture is underpinned by the mantra ‘Be Consilium’.
To Be Consilium, we live by our values:
Advice: we plan, we advise, we counsel, we exercise our judgement and share our wisdom
Integrity: we do what’s right, we act with honesty and openness and we take responsibility for our actions. If we make a mistake, we correct it and learn from it
Teamwork: we do it together and we are inclusive. We respect, trust, and support each other, and we celebrate together. We encourage, we challenge, and we teach
Progressive: we look forward, we learn, we adapt, and we improve. We embrace modern technology and working practices.
LinkedIn and Twitter.